CALL FOR VIDEO POSTERS
The Soil Health Institute (SHI) invites researchers to present their work in a virtual video poster session at its 5th Annual Meeting, July 30-31, 2020. Due to the virtual nature of the meeting, SHI is seeking 3-minute video submissions in lieu of a poster. Video submissions must be self-contained, self-explanatory, scientifically rigorous, and relevant to soil health. Up to 80 video posters will be accepted for presentation.
This year’s theme is Soil Health: The Foundation for Regenerative Agriculture, advancing the opportunity we have to address climate change, water quality, food production, biodiversity, and many other pressing issues by improving soil health.
Please read this Call for Video Posters in full, as incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
Check out this video poster demo by SHI’s Research Soil Scientist, Dr. Dianna Bagnall.
A video poster is a 3-minute recording of an author presenting a PowerPoint on recent research in soil health. The following guidelines must be followed for a submission to be considered:
- Posters must be submitted as a video presentation that is no more than three minutes long.
- Videos must be submitted as a YouTube video link, provided through the Video Poster Submission form (see link above), by 5:30 p.m. Pacific Time (PT), Tuesday, June 23, 2020.
- SHI will only review videos hosted on YouTube that are submitted as an official YouTube link.
- A video submission form is required. The submission form must include the YouTube video link.
- A signed copy of the Video Poster Session Author Authorization and Release Agreement is required. The following signature methods are considered acceptable:
- Release signed by hand, scanned and submitted as a PDF file
- An electronically signed release
- Release signed by hand, scanned, and uploaded as a photo file
- The Video Poster Session Author Authorization and Release Agreement should be emailed to email@example.com by 5:30 p.m. Pacific Time (PT), Tuesday, June 23, 2020. Please indicate “SHI2020 Video Poster Submission” in the subject line and include the presentation title, and primary presenter/author name and contact information in the body of the email.
- Only submissions received via the Video Poster Submission form will be accepted (see link above).
- The primary presenter/author must register to attend the conference as part of the submission.
- Late submissions will not be considered.
To optimize attendee experience and interactivity with presenters, the video poster session is limited to 80 videos. Presenters will be notified by July 10, 2020, regarding acceptance.
Video submissions are final, and, if accepted, videos and their associated information will be displayed as they are received on the submission form during the Video Poster Sessions on July 30-31, 2020. SHI will not be able to accept video replacements or allow for video content edits after the initial video is submitted.
SHI will review submissions to ensure the video includes a research description that is relevant to soil health and is sufficiently transparent, detailed, and scientifically rigorous.
Video submissions are expected to detail a study’s design, analytical methods and interpretation. Such details include experimental and treatment designs, methods, statistical analyses, results, and conclusions. SHI reserves the right to reject any video submission that appears to limit proprietary information essential for scientific evaluation of the work.
Each video requires a cover slide that includes:
- Presentation title
- Author Name(s), Title(s)
- Contact email of the primary presenter/author
- Affiliation logo(s) in the footer of the slide (optional)
Additional elements of a successful 3-minute video (3-5 slides suggested) include concise descriptions of the:
The final (conclusion) slide must repeat primary presenter/author contact info.
Use of Commercial Logos
Videos should not amplify any product, brand, proprietary name or commercial logo. Brand or proprietary names may appear only if they are essential to the presentation, e.g., the trade name of a product used in the experiment.
For questions about the video poster session, video preparation or submission, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “SHI2020 Video Poster Session”.