Logo Usage Guidelines
These guidelines have been developed to assist you with the proper application of the Soil Health Institute® (SHI) logo.
The logo includes the Soil Health Institute shield, which is a registered trademark of The Soil Health Institute, and the words, Soil Health Institute, also a registered trademark.
The logo is the primary symbol for the Soil Health Institute and should appear on all visual communications that represent SHI.
The SHI logo may appear vertically or horizontally. To download the vertical, horizontal logos or shield, right click and click “save image as”.
- The SHI shield should never appear smaller than 3/8” wide.
- The SHI vertical logo should never appear smaller than 1 inch in width.
- The SHI horizontal logo should never appear smaller than 1.5 inches in width.
- There must be a protected area around the SHI logo equal to the height of the words SOIL HEALTH in the logo.
- If the shield is used as an icon, there must be at least one en space between the shield and other elements.
Logo Editing Prohibited
- You may not place any element in front of the SHI shield or logo.
- You may not outline, add gradients or effects to the SHI shield or logo.
- The SHI shield and logos should be used only when referring to SHI in an effort to advance scientifically validated research and practices in soil health. Any other use is prohibited.
- These guidelines are subject to change only by the Soil Health Institute.
Usage by third parties
The Soil Health Institute (SHI) logo and shield may be used by third parties when:
- The third party is a partner of the Institute, an educator, an agribusiness or other entity interested in promoting soil health, or a journalist seeking to provide information to the public about soil health.
- Logo usage does not diminish the reputation of traditional or organic farmers, agriculture, conservation, soil health practices or the Institute.
- Hyperlinking the logo and shield images to soilhealthinstitute.org is required in all digital communications.
- The soilhealth.org website address is required to be used in any printed document whenever an SHI logo or shield image is visible within that document.
- Third parties meeting the above criteria are authorized to use the following logos according to the provided usage guidelines.
- With the exception of sizing (see Size Requirements), logos should not be altered. The Soil Health Institute reserves the right and has sole discretion to terminate or modify permission to display the logo and/or shield and may request that third parties modify or delete any use of the logo that does not comply with these usage guidelines.
Please contact email@example.com for questions related to authorized use of the Soil Health Institute logo.